As a residential customer of a regulated public utility
in Kentucky, you are guaranteed
the following rights subject to the Kentucky Revised Statutes and the
provisions of the Kentucky Administrative Regulations:
• You have the right to service, provided you (or a
member of your household whose debt was accumulated at your address) are
not indebted to the utility.
• You have the right to inspect and review the utility's
rates and tariff operating procedures during the utility's normal office
hours. (8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
• You have the right to be present at any routine
utility inspection of your service conditions.
• You must be provided a separate, distinct disconnect
notice alerting you to a possible disconnection of your service if
payment is not received.
• You have the right to dispute the reasons for any
announced termination of your service.
• You have the right to negotiate a partial payment plan
when your service is threatened by disconnection for nonpayment.
• You have the right to maintain your utility service
for up to thirty (30) days upon presentation of a medical certificate
issued by a health official.
• You have the right to prompt (within 24 hours)
restoration of your service when the cause for discontinuance of the
service has been corrected.
• You have the right to contact the Public Service
Commission regarding any dispute that you have been unable to resolve
with your utility. CALL TOLL FREE 1-800-772-4636.